We have added the following products to your shopping cart from a previous visit:
Professional Ratings: 88 Wine Spectator
Region: Veneto, Italy
Varietal: Other Red Blends
Item no. 92349
This blend of 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 5% Sangiovese is a smooth, full-bodied cru made in an innovative ripasso style.
After the harvest, the grapes from the Palazzo della Torre vineyard follow two different paths: 70% of the grapes picked are vinified immediately, the remaining 30% are left to dry until the end of December. They are then vinified and re-fermented with the wine from the fresh grapes. The result is a "baby Amarone" wine with fuller and rounder body, lower acidity, refined complexity and more extraction. Palazzo della Torre is also able to age easily for 8-10 years.
Dense and deep ruby red in color, Palazzo della Torre is loaded with luscious aromas of currant, blackberry and licorice, followed by hints of raisins and plums. Full-bodied and rich, with firm yet juicy tannins, it is a classic accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats and barbecued ribs.